This is the first event for participants of our FinHub Hack Series Hackathon - the Design Thinking Dash. This a fun, interactive and insightful workshop on design thinking provided by the Hasso Plattner School of Design thinking Afrika.
Date: Friday, 21st April 2023
Time: 16:00 PM SAST
Session duration: 2.5 hour
Location: The Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking Afrika, UCT Middle Campus
Host and workshop provider: Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking Afrika
Registration: This event is for participants of our hackathon.
Our kickoff ceremony will be right after at 18:30.
The FinHub Hack Series provides an opportunity for participants to learn and grow their skills, collaborate with other talented individuals, and create real-world solutions with a uniquely African focus. But to start off, we wanted every participant to have the best tool on how to approach, solve or even ideate for their hackathon project. This is where design-thinking comes in. And we can think of no better expert on this topic than the d-school (short for the Hasso Plattner School of Design thinking Afrika).
So what is design thinking?
Technically, design thinking is a design discipline that implements a design-led mindset to understand challenges, identify opportunities, and innovate solutions. -- d-school website
So what is this workshop? This is a fast, fun, and concise introduction to Design Thinking. A team of experienced Design Thinkers will coach you through the design thinking process. Design Thinking Dash is a once-off teaser experience that will give you a practical understanding of how design thinking can be implemented.
FinHub Hack Series
This event is part of the FinHub Hack Series which aims to bring together developers, entrepreneurs, and industry experts to create innovative solutions using blockchain technology to address some of the most pressing challenges facing our planet today.
- Ecosystem Growth & Education: Our two-week workshop is focused on introducing the practical skills of developing on the Algorand blockchain with just enough theoretical knowledge of the ecosystem to be able to hit the ground running when entering the hackathon.
- Encourage innovation: The hackathon aims to encourage innovative thinking by providing a platform for participants to brainstorm and develop new solutions using blockchain technology. We hope to inspire participants to think creatively about how blockchain can be used to address some of the most pressing sustainability challenges.
- Promote collaboration: Collaboration is a key component of the hackathon, and we hope to foster a collaborative environment where participants can work together to develop innovative solutions. The event will provide an opportunity for participants to network, learn from each other, and collaborate on projects.
- Create impact: The ultimate goal of the FinHub Hack Series is to create solutions that can positively impact the world. By focusing on the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we hope to develop solutions that can help address social, economic, and environmental issues around the world.
- Support entrepreneurship: The hackathon aims to support entrepreneurship by providing participants with the tools, resources, and mentorship they need to turn their ideas into viable solutions. We hope to inspire participants to think about how they can use blockchain technology to create innovative businesses that can positively impact the world.
- Raise awareness: Finally, the hack series aims to raise awareness about the potential of blockchain technology to address sustainability challenges. By showcasing the innovative solutions developed at the hackathon, we hope to inspire others to think about how they can use blockchain to positively impact the world.